Once you have posted a Quote and are ready to tender it to the carrier of your choosing, follow the below steps to ensure coverage of your load. This article will also show you the next steps after your chosen carrier has accepted the tender.
How to Tender a Quote
- Select the Quote that you are ready to Tender from the Quotes page.
- Choose the carrier you would like to send the tender to and click the TENDER button. You can see their Response, Acceptance, and Win stats, which are based on their activity as it relates to quotes you have asked them to bid on.
- If the carrier you want to tender the Quote to has a rate that is not the lowest, an Alert window will appear, asking you confirm why you are selecting a higher cost carrier. Click the Reason drop down menu to make a selection.
- Choose the response that accurately describes your reasoning from the drop down menu.
- Once you have selected your response, click OK.
- Once you have finalized your selection, you will be see the Tender Confirmation page. The Quote Preferences section at the top of the page is where you can select Tracking Required, which will communicate to the carrier you selected that tracking is necessary, as well as if it is a Hot Load, which will let the carrier know that the load is time sensitive. Confirm all of the information of the load for each Stop, including the Company Name, Load Type, Address, Appointment Type, Stop Date, and Contact Name and Phone. If the load is picking up or delivering to a new address you haven’t used before, you can select the Save to Address Book check box so you can use it in the future.
- If you want to use a previously saved address, click ADDRESS BOOK. NOTE: The address you choose cannot be further than 50 miles away from the zip code that you originally used for the quote.
The Address Book pop up window will allow you to choose a previously saved address. Click SELECT to choose the correct address.
- In the Equipment field, confirm the Equipment Type and Length (ft) of the trailer. Choose which Accessorials are required by clicking the check box next to each one that is required.
- Confirm the Commodity and Weight, and enter the Unit Type, Unit Count, Piece Count, and Length (L), Width (W), and Height (H) of the pieces if necessary. You can also select Hazmat if the load requires a Hazmat certification to be picked up and delivered. Click ADDITIONAL COMMODITY if there is more than one type of commodity in the load.
- In the Additional Details section, confirm the Reference Type and Reference #. You can also click ADD REFERENCE # to add any additional references numbers, enter the Customer Name, add any General Notes, and add any Tags the carrier might need to pick up and deliver the load. You can also click ADD DOCUMENT if the carrier needs any supplemental documentation when picking up the load.
- Once you have finalized all of the information for the load, click SUBMIT.
- Once you have clicked SUBMIT, the carrier will receive an email informing them that they have a tender waiting to be accepted. You will be brought to the Tenders page and see the load you just tendered to the carrier, along with the load details.
- Scroll down to view all of the details that you entered for the load as well as the price that is being paid to the carrier and the name of the chosen carrier. You can click CANCEL below the rate is displayed if you no longer wish to tender the quote to that carrier. You will receive an email once the carrier responds to your tender request, whether they reject or accept it.